QC Supervisor - Environmental Monitoring - Cell Therapy
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Quality Control Environmental Monitoring Supervisor will act as a lead team member of the Quality Control Environmental Monitoring department to support Manufacturing operations. Plans and communicates testing to support routine monitoring of the production environment as well as dynamic monitoring of critical operations. Provide on-time, high quality results to meet Manufacturing needs. Able to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. The supervisor ensures safety procedures are communicated uniformly to all staff. A Quality Control Environmental Monitoring Supervisor is responsible for ensuring and providing a safe work environment to the staff in the execution of their work duties. The incumbent is expected to create a culture of disciplined execution and a high level of professionalism for their team while remaining focused on product quality and patient safety.
- Scheduling and Planning of Environmental Monitoring testing. Ensures equipment and the work area is safe for employees to perform their duties
- Assay/Documentation/Quality System Writing/Review
- Attending department related meetings
- Independently drive or oversee projects to on-time completion
- Resolving personnel issues and work place conflicts
- Troubleshooting, problem solving operational and or performance issues
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree and/or Advanced Graduate degree (Masters of Science/Philosophy Doctorate)
- Preferred area of study: Microbiology, Biochemistry or equivalent Science Field
- Intermediate to Advanced years in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)/Professional environment
- Ideally intermediate years of direct supervisory experience
- Use of Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Use of Laboratory computer systems
- Potential previous use of GMP Quality Systems such as: TrackWise, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Outstanding ability to speak publicly. Maintains control of meetings.
- Outstanding ability to interpret data and troubleshoot assays in area of expertise.
- Excellent ability to prioritize work load for group and problem solve. Changes work within their group quickly in unexpected situations.
- Clearly outlines and gives instructions to analysts in their team.
- Direct, control and plan tasks/projects.
- Excellent ability to communicate in both written and verbal format. Is able to clearly communicate via email or memo as required
- Relate to others in a team setting
- Positive can do attitude, good listener who follows through on requests from management and or staff
- Able to effectively influence
- Is flexible and adaptable to meet business needs.
- Maintain positive attitude and emotional composure in a team environment.
- Timeliness in completing assigned tasks.
- Works entire assigned shift, including arriving and departure on time.
- Makes quality decisions independently and also with guidance from Manager.
- Maintain control of meetings with direct reports.
- Mentoring and leading direct reports.
- Being able to deliver difficult messages to staff (i.e. disciplinary actions, poor performance plans)
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.