Quality Control Training Specialist
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Asset Training Specialist acts as a liaison with the Technical & Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Training Department regarding training content, delivery and metrics and ensures that activities are appropriately tracked in the Laboratory Management System (LMS). The Asset Training Specialist role provides technical proficiency and consultative guidance as a business subject matter expert (SME) in the creation of On-The Job training materials. This position is a vital business partner who is passionate about training & committed to excellence while ensuring Asset’s personnel are properly trained prior to performance. Collaborates with supported Asset to ensure training plan objectives are met through effective learning and training solutions. The role is the Asset’s POC (Point of Contact) for consulting on curriculum development for new or modified roles, and cross-assets training projects. The Asset Training Specialist is a role model in the organization, understanding and promoting Good Manufacturing Practes (GMP) mindset and behaviors that drive a Quality Culture.
- Collaborates with Technical & Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Training Business Partner and/or Technical & Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Instructional Designer in developing training materials for use in training courses, with high attention to quality, role-specificity, and engaging learning experience (e.g. videos, computer based training, wiki, websites, Laboratory Quality Management toolkits, trainee and trainer manuals, job aids, etc.) and any other general information intended to expedite on-boarding and development of personnel.
- Coordinates and conducts dynamic and interactive Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) classroom and / or On-The Job training sessions on topics included in the Manufacturing On-Boarding topics.
- Acts as the Asset liaison with the Technical & Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Training Department regarding training completion and training compliance metrics/Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensures that activities are appropriately tracked in the Laboratory Management System (LMS)
- Collaborates in the development and adherence to Portsmouth site and Asset Annual Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Training Plan. Leverages knowledge of business and customers in order to identify Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and potential departmental trainers.
- Bachelors Degree in relative field
- Intermediate to Advanced years of training experience in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) environment.
- Strong /detailed knowledge and understanding of biopharmaceutical manufacturing process, related equipment and purpose and function of supporting processes.
- Strong knowledge in the application of cGMP requirements.
- Application of adult learning theories and training facilitation and delivery preferred
- Effectively presents information and ideas formally and informally, verbally and in writing to others in a manner that facilitates understanding
- Able to communicate status, needs, forecasts, risks and timelines effectively to management
- Displays a clear willingness to listen to others
- Has good interpersonal skills and works interdepartmentally in an effective manner to achieve objectives
- Shows commitment and dedication and strives to be ahead of schedule
- Practices safety awareness at all times and considers impact of actions prior to executing activities
- Is passionate for training and to train others.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.