Lonza Pharma and Biotech is looking to add an Operations Technician to their growing team in Bend, OR. As a new member of the Operations Technician team, you’ll follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in a structured environment, understand and apply Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and deliver results with high integrity.
This is an excellent advancement opportunity. Lonza Bend does retain several long-term Operation Technician roles; however, most Technicians are expected to progress to the full Operator level. Technical and management growth options exist.
- Read, understand and train on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Demonstrate understanding of basic GMP’s for facilities and operations
- Follow basic instructions within a structured environment
- Primarily responsible for completing routine cleaning and cleaning logs
- Primarily responsible for restocking consumables
- Sign for and understand GMP documentation, i.e. room logs, equipment logs, balance logs, etc.
- Perform tasks for Hazardous Waste worker as outlined in the Large Quantity Generator program
- Minimum High School diploma or GED
- Manufacturing experience desired
- Ability to work in an environment with a constant, low noise level during production
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required (12 hour shifts)
- Must have a valid driver’s license with ability to drive company vehicle as needed and pass a background and drug screen
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment physical exertion and visual acuity test
- Performing work in a clean, secure and regulated environment
- Required to lift 50 lbs. from floor
- Required to lift 25 lbs. above head while working
- Perform cleaning with 20 foot wand above head height
- Wears powered air purifying respirator on occasion
- Wears personal protective equipment during shift (i.e. coveralls, scrubs, booties, hair and beard covers, safety glasses, gloves, etc.)
- Able to move heavy equipment on casters or pallet jacks
- Manually manipulate drums onto carts and pallets
- Manually manipulate small parts
- Required to climb up and down ladders, bend, kneel, reach, squat, etc.
- Required to stand during majority of shift
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.