Manufacturing Science and Technology Lab Scientist
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for an upstream lab Scientist to join our Manufacturing Sciences and Technology team (MSAT). As our Scientist, you will responsible for execution of all laboratory based studies. This role will choose from a Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday schedule.
- Execution of MSAT laboratory studies in the Upstream Cell Culture Lab in support of cGMP activities at manufacturing scale.
- Quality document generation coming out of such studies and data analyses.
- Coordinate with various internal and external stakeholders to effectively communicate study plans and outcomes to maintain commercial manufacturing timelines.
- Being able to contribute at an individual level as well as part of an organized team in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences or Biomedical/Chemical Engineering.
- Prior biotech industry experience in Process Development and Process Scale-up / Scale-down, Manufacturing is preferred.
- Working experience with basic knowledge of cell biology, cell culture, scale up and mass transfer, bioreactor operation, disc stack centrifugation and filtration is highly preferred.
- Working experience in aseptic technique and familiarity with mammalian cell culture.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.