Sr. Manager, Market Intelligence
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a seasoned and knowledgeable Senior MI (Market Intelligence) Manager you will provide high quality insights on customer, market environment and trends across various different chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturing offerings. With the use of ethical and legal techniques, the insights are to be based on secondary and occasionally primary market research, i.e. publicly available competitor, brand and market information, and non-publicly available customer, stakeholder, brand and market intelligence. You will take on the ongoing core and specific ad-hoc analysis in strategic projects and/or business cases in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment. Furthermore, you will attend conferences to conduct and evaluate business relevant conference intelligence and participates regularly in projects and meetings of selected workstreams.
- Provide insightful, unbiased, objective, in-depth relevant analyses on current and future markets, market performance, customers and competitors; participate actively in strategic projects
- Plan, develop and deliver market intelligence for the assigned markets and technologies to support the Business Unit teams
- Identify critical business issues and opportunities for growth; collaborate with other members of the team
- Work cross functionally with other strategic marketing or business intelligence teams and effectively interface with stakeholders to develop market research and/or competitive intelligence projects and forecasts accordingly
- Ensure that needs and requests are addressed, well documented and communicated to the Head of MI; ensure that Lonza maintains pace with current industry best practices in market intelligence, market research and reporting
- Industry and working experience in CDMO services industry – ideally with relevant experience in Chemical Drug Manufacturing or Pharmaceutical Formulation
- Substantial work experience in market analysis and/or market research in the relevant field with proven experience in secondary market research, data sources and analytical tools at a user level
- Work experience in consulting, R&D, operations or in a similar function in Pharma/Biotech
- Preferred area of study: Market Research, Business Administration, Statistics, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field
- Highly analytical with an ability to evaluate and work with complex data
- Demonstrated ability to translate analysis to specific audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated presentation skills
- Expert level Office applications knowledge (MS Excel/VBA, and MS Power Point); experience with database management is advantageous
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.