Process Development Scientist (Downstream)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our Lonza site in Houston is seeking a Process Development Scientist (Downstream). The downstream process development team is seeking a highly motivated intermediate level process scientist with diverse experiences in biological processes. The candidate must have biopharmaceutical industry experience with developing, optimizing, and characterizing downstream processes. The successful candidate will participate in all facets of downstream process development for a wide array of viral vectors, including adeno-associated virus (AAV).
- Independently perform experiments and provide guidance to junior level laboratory staff.
- Design experiments, discuss experimental plan, analyze data and provide a summary and further suggestion.
- Prepare process development reports and tech transfer documents.
- Prepare presentations for either team or client meetings.
- Advanced degree in biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, bioengineering, or related area is preferred.
- Demonstrated downstream process development experience of biological molecules, such as viral vectors, therapeutic recombinant proteins, monoclonal antibodies or vaccines for biopharmaceutical applications is required.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of downstream process of biologics is required.
- Hands-on experience of AKTA purification system or equivalent system is required.
- Hands-on experience with the operation and development of Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) units is required; preferably using the SciLog system.
- Working knowledge and skills for viral vector or vaccine purification is a plus.
- Ability to plan, organize, problem solve (troubleshoot), prioritize; work efficiently independently and in a team under tight timelines.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed documentation abilities are required.
- Perform tasks for multiple projects simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.