Associate Biotechnologist - Cell & Gene Therapy
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As our Cell & Gene Therapy business grows, we are looking to further strengthen our manufacturing team in Tuas, Singapore . You will be responsible for the assisting in the manufacture of therapeutic cell products under current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) conditions. Working closely with a team of Technical personnel and Subject Method Experts and Biotechnologists, you are expected to execute cGMP Cell Therapy production activities effectively.
The role will start with standard normal working hours, i.e. 8am -5pm, with future potential to move into 12-hours rotating shift.
- Complies to all safety, cGMP procedures and behaviors with attention to detail to documentation of work
- Maintains personal hygiene and complies with all expectations of working within a cleanroom environment in accordance with regulatory standards
- Demonstrate aseptic technique in handling of product/ materials
- Maintains training status and ensures update to date qualification in the most effective procedures prior to performance of any activities
- Perform basic GMP activities in Manufacturing areas including raw material dispensing, media and buffer preparation, filter installation and integrity testing, sample preparation and submission
- Operation of Autoclaves and Assemble of autoclave assembly in Manufacturing
- Perform equipment wash without stains and residue
- Identify sampling requirements based on material RMS
- Perform basic laboratory tasks (e.g. sampling, pH/ conductivity/ osmolality measurements etc).
- Perform routine sanitization tasks to maintain facility standards
- Coordinate the delivery and movement of raw material and intermediates throughout manufacturing
- Lead the coordination with warehouse personnel on the receiving and returning of items
- Stock manufacturing areas with consumables
- Work with Contract Cleaners to support the sanitation of Manufacturing areas
- Ensure locker rooms and manufacturing gowning areas are stocked with appropriate sizes and amounts of clean scrubs and gowning items
- Waste removal from Manufacturing area corridors and trash vestibule
- Nitec / Diploma in Science disciplines or working experience in biopharmaceutical industry or cleanroom environment
- Strong team oriented work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Open to work on standard normal working hours and rotating shift
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.