Senior Scientist Transfection R&D
Senior Scientist Transfection R&D (m/w/d)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Cologne site develops, manufactures and markets a comprehensive product portfolio of life-science research tools around cultured cells, including non-viral gene transfer products for primary cells and hard-to-transfect cell lines. To strengthen our Research & Development (R&D) team, we are looking for a Senior Scientist Transfection R&D responsible for leading new product and new application development projects and improving Lonza transfection products.
- Manage product and application development projects and respective cross functional teams from several departments
- Follow the organization’s project governance processes (Stage Gate Process, Design Control process, etc.)
- Supervise and mentors Research Assistants.
- Collaborate and cooperate work with other R&D team members across Lonza sites to ensure that team goals and agreed R&D project schedules are met.
- Collaborate with other functions to ensure R&D activities are aligned with and supported by other departments and support business goals.
- Present project and program progress and outcomes at group and department meetings. Prepares and delivers professional presentations at national and international scientific conferences.
- Follow development of new products from development through technology transfer-to-manufacturing, production scale-up and post-market introduction. Improves product performance as required by market needs.
- Master or a PhD in Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology
- Solid experience in project management in practice, ideally accompanied by a recognized certification (e.g. Prince 2, PMP, SCRUM, etc…)
- Solid experience in cell culture, modification and analysis of mammalian cells, including transfection
- Ideally, experience and knowledge in the area of cell and gene therapies
- Significant experience working on product development from design through commercialization. You also bring a solid experience in method development and validation.
- Experience in managing a team with direct reports as well as managing projects.
- Fluent in both German and English
- Good computer skills especially using Microsoft Office and MS Project.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.