Program Manager - Cell and Gene Therapy
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Sr. Program Manager will be responsible for leading project execution after deal closure. Will direct, lead and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams and hold team members accountable to deliver results within an agreed project governance structure to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the life of the program. Shared customer relationship management with Account Managers.
Responsible to ensure flawless and smooth execution of the contracted programs according to defined timelines and cost, via leading multidisciplinary project teams. In this role, Program Manager is the key interface between Sales and Operations organizations and the customer. Program Manager is managing multiple projects, either within one technology, or within multiple technologies and oversees the complete life-cycle of all the projects.
- Expected to manage small or mid-sized to large and complex portfolios.
- During execution, maintain key focus on the customer centricity and internally on quality, cost, profitability, timelines and risk management.
- Coach, mentor and continuously develop project team members.
- Act as single point of contact for customer with regards to operational questions and ensure each project milestone is delivered in line with the agreed objectives. Act as the customer advocate and champion in the LPB (Lonza Pharma and Bio) organization.
- Manage project scope, timelines and budget and program profitability together with core project team.
- Raise and prepare scope changes and communicate them to a customer in close collaboration with Account Manager. In collaboration with Account Management / Commercial Development, create mid-long term program strategies.
- Define, organize and be responsible for all customer communication (using an open communication model), agreeing milestones and conducting “lessons learned” with the customer, as well as executing decommissioning at the end of contractual activities.
- Ensure the right and effective internal and external governance are in place and are effective. Also ensures very clear alignment of internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to the local Sales & Operations meeting, by best in class forecasting and demand planning for the given programs.
- Most of the time spends in the location, where work is executed but from time to time Program Manager may travel to customers or conferences.
- Extensive project management skills, including working in fast paced dynamic environments
- PMP certification preferred, but not required
- Substantial experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience, with working experience in Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT)
- Experience and working knowledge with technical transfers (internally or through contract manufacturing organizations)
- Significant experience with customer facing responsibilities, including the ability to solve problems and conflict as they arise with a strong analytical mindset
- Ability to manage and influence others within a matrix environment and drive execution through efficient communications, creating a trusting environment and taking personal accountability for decision and actions.
- Able to prioritize activities, implement and monitor appropriate KPIs
- Effectively translate strategy into actionable objectives and plans, understanding drivers affecting profitability, business needs and identifying improvements to meet challenges within a given project/portfolio
- Comfortable in working independently in high-stress situations
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.