Strategic Buyer Direct
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Guangzhou Nansha Ltd was established in April 2003, expanding Lonza’s global presence for chemical manufacturing and life science ingredients.
Strategic Buyer Direct, will collaborate effectively with the Central procurement team to deliver value to site stakeholders, partner with key stakeholders across sites to ensure business continuity and Procurement meet site business needs. Manage supplier relationships and performance at site level. Provides purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation, contracting and
- Collaborate effectively with the Central procurement team to deliver value and continuous improvements:
- Support Central Category manager with category strategy development
- Support implementation and execution of category strategies at site level.
- Support the execution of sourcing initiatives for delegated spend across assigned sites.
- Provide purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation tactics, planning and contracting.
- Support global & regional sourcing efforts.
- Ensure business continuity and meet site business needs:
- Ensure business continuity and supply/availability of indirect materials for production.
- Partner with site stakeholders to understand and support the delivery of current and future business needs.
- Work with site controllers to provide spend and savings forecasts to management.
- Manage supplier changes and transitions.
- Manage supplier relationship and performance at site level:
- Maintain and drive professional partnership/collaboration with suppliers.
- Manage portfolio of suppliers and ensure compliance with requirements/policies.
- Support comprehensive supply risk assessment across existing supplier portfolio (incl. single source, capacity constraints, financial risks, quality risks, etc…).
- Develop and implement mitigation solutions for key business risks identified.
- Bachelor degree majoring in business, economics, engineering, procurement or supply chain.
- Practical experience in API, Chemical or pharmaceutical business
- Experience working in an international context (European in particular) is definitely an advantage
- Strong source to contract experience and negotiation skills
- Fluent in Chinese and English
- Able to prioritize and deal with pressure
- Hands on experience of using SAP ERP and SAP Ariba & Microsoft Office.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.