Internship - Global Procurement Department
Internship (100%) - Global Procurement Department
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
All large Pharmaceutical Organisations have strong Global Procurement Teams. These teams have the very important responsibility to secure supplies of materials and services and within the scope of the ‘6 Rights of Procurement’.
- Assist with developing and maintaining key reporting files.
- Conducting spend analysis to assist with budgeting and procurement planning.
- Interact with Lonza sites and suppliers to acquire and validate crucial data.
- Develop compliance tracking tools to support adherence to supplier selection and contract terms.
- Assist with supplier risk management and risk scorecard development.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and propose recommendations on potential cost savings opportunities.
- Prepare operational and sourcing reports to measure actual spend against expectations
- Assist with developing and updating of the procurement team strategy
- A technical or business related education at a Bachelors level at a minimum e.g. Engineering, Chemistry, Accounting, Economics, Business Management, etc…
A basic to intermediate level of exposure to procurement as a taught subject or through hands-on experience and is keen to develop further in this profession.
A good level of business acumen and the understanding of basic to intermediate level financial terms.
Very good communication skills where you are able to communicate with stakeholders within different areas of the business and at different work levels.
Excellent analytical skills incorrectly interpreting written and verbal information.
Class leading numerical analysis skills; Microsoft Excel skills at an advanced level are essential for this role.
English speaking capability at a fluent to native language level. An additional language such as German and French are considered an asset but is not essential.
The candidate taken on will be part of a global team and will work for a globally recognized organization, where your knowledge, analytical skills, and attention to detail will be heavily utilized.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.