Senior Operational Excellence Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You are responsible for supporting and coaching the site leadership team to implement Operational Excellence principles, systems and tools and facilitate Hoshin Strategic planning and deployment. Deliver results linked to the Dedicated to Excellence strategy. Coach/Mentor: Project Team Members, Yellow / Green & Black Belts and Site leadership Team. Embed Lean Six Sigma systems to sustain a culture of improvement.
- Build Operational Excellence capability in the business through Coaching/Mentoring of Project Team Members, Yellow / Green & Black Belts and Site leadership Team. Actively involved (primarily as coach) in all Operational Excellence programs.
- Facilitate Hoshin Strategic planning and deployment.
- Embed Lean & Six Sigma systems to sustain a culture of improvement.
- Lead and facilitate Continuous Improvement projects to deliver results linked to strategic objectives (Dedicated to Excellence). Ensure thorough engagement of all stakeholders to deliver agreed projects on time, on cost with sustained benefits.
- Deliver business critical projects as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Master Degree in Scientific or Engineering Discipline
- Operational Excellence related experience:
Certified Black Belt Preferred. Successful delivery of minimum 2 Black Belt project management Lean Expert with significant experience in implementation of Lean tools & Six Sigma Delivered Operational Excellence related training delivered on regular basis. Experience with the preparation of training materials and running simulations Coaching of individuals (Green Belt, Black Belt) with at least 3 certified within 1 year. Knowledgeable about Hoshin Planning/Strategy Significant professional experience in Operations/ Quality/ Engineering/ Project Management Working experience in Good Manufacturing Practices & other relevant regulations & guidelines experience
- Related supervisory experience
Participation on a change project
Experience with leading cross-functional teams
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.