Junior Project Engineer
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Porriño is an integrated global contract manufacturing organization (CMO) offering a complete range of therapeutic protein manufacturing services. We have the ability to provide these services in a fully scalable manner and at every stage of the development process. Our capabilities include technology transfer, analytical development and testing, scale up and cGMP manufacturing and support services.
The Junior Project Engineer leads and manages the assigned projects from initiation to closure ensuring fulfilment of Time, Cost & Quality objectives.
- Planning and execution of plant investment projects involving facilities and equipment with complex interactions linked to other projects, production schedule and other business priorities.
- Follow-up and control that the project deliverables are timely generated according to Lonza engineering procedures.
- Check and control that the design functionalities, specifications and relevant quality standards are met.
- Oversee construction, commissioning and qualification activities until the project handover to the end user.
- Prepare funds approval request, user requirements, estimates and schedules for projects.
- Realization and/or review of technical specifications, scopes and other project documents, and updating of master technical documentation.
- Ultimate responsibility for the implementation of the assigned projects in their entirety.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical Engineering)
- Experience in management of investment projects in Pharmaceuticals or related industry leading small to mid-size multi-disciplined projects (up to 500 TEUR) formed by cross-functional teams both internal and external.
- Spanish (Native Speaker) and English (Business Fluent)
- MS Office, AutoCAD user
- Project Management tools user, PMP certification or Master in Project Management is a plus.
- Knowledge of FDA cGMP, ASME-BPE and/or ISPE guidelines is a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt certification is a plus.
- Excellent communication, organization, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Team leader, collaboration-oriented and agile performer.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.