Senior Scientist Inhalation Product Development
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an open position for a Senior Scientist Inhalation Product Development to join their team in Bend, OR. This is an excellent opportunity to join a group of scientists and engineers which focus on the product development of inhaled and intranasal drug delivery technology for intermediates and products.
As a Senior Scientist for Inhalation in Product Development, you will be responsible for both customer-based product design and development, as well as the internal development and progression of lead technology areas. You will apply scientific fundamentals in a hypothesis-driven environment to guide and support the development of methods, formulations, and processes needed to promote product success at all stages of the life cycle.
A Senior Scientist can work both independently, and as part of multi-disciplinary teams while possessing a continuous improvement mindset, and demonstrate excellence in matters of safety, science, operations, and quality.
- Lead research and development activities in collaboration with clients and internal technical teams to define strategy and execute work plans
- Apply knowledge of chemistry, material science, and engineering to solve challenges around: safety, drug delivery, formulation, analytics, and manufacturing
- Design, execute, review, and interpret experiments to make decision recommendations toward the product development strategy
- Adhere to scientifically-sound practices; including both model-based and risk-based approaches to research, design, development, scale-up, and technology transfers of formulations, methods, and processes
- Communicate technical information to internal teams and/or clients in the form of oral and written correspondence, presentations, and reports
- Serve as technical expert in specific area(s) of expertise, and mentor colleagues and peers in applicable skills
- Support products throughout clinical development and/or commercial manufacturing activities
- Prepare written documents such as standard operating procedures, memos, reports, and technology transfer documentation
- Evaluate instruments, equipment, processes, and systems to improve safety, quality, and performance
- Bachelors, Master’s or PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Pharmaceutical Science or related discipline with significant experience related to inhalation product development
- Experience in advancing inhalation and/or intranasal drug products through late stages of clinical development is highly desirable
- Understanding of pharmaceutical regulations, industry guidance, and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) practices is preferred
- Proven technical skills in problem solving, analytical techniques, data gathering, analysis, interpretation, and proficiency in method and instrument troubleshooting
- Ability to perform various tests and modify techniques where required for a range of chemicals, formulations, and dosage forms specific to inhalation drug delivery
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead, train, and direct activities of a team toward time-sensitive deliverables
- Work successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly collaborative, scientifically driven, team-oriented, and customer-focused environment inclusive of research, development, and GMP manufacturing
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.