Quality Control Supervisor - Nights
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Quality Control Supervisor-Nights will act as a lead team member of the Quality Control department to support testing and release of in-process and final product drug lots for customers. Organizes and plans quality testing for ongoing customer stability studies. Provide on-time, high quality results to meet Manufacturing demands. The Quality Control Supervisor will act as a lead team member of the Quality Control department to support testing and release of Raw Materials, in-process and final product drug lots for customers. Organizes and plans quality testing for ongoing customer stability studies. Provide on-time, high quality results to meet Manufacturing demands.
This position will oversee a team of Six Analysts, all whom work 3rd shift. The candidate will need to be able to work independently during the overnight hours, have extreme attention to detail, be able to manage multiple tasks at once and have excellent communication with other peers in a cross-functional setting. The right candidate will need to build relationships with members in Manufacturing, Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) and other teams to ensure on-time delivery of demands overnight.
This position requires working a 3rd shift schedule: Monday - Friday, 830pm to 5am
- Scheduling, planning, of routine. Ensures equipment and the work area is safe for employees to perform their duties.
- Assay/Documentation/Quality System Review
- Independently drive projects to on-time completion
- Independently make compliant, quality decisions
- Resolving personnel issues and workplace conflict, hiring of staff, troubleshooting, problem solving operations and or performance issues
- Able to address personnel issues (e.g. disciplinary actions, poor performance, etc).
- Adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) is required at all times
- Maintains a positive attitude, relates to others in a team setting and influences direct reports towards success
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Advanced Graduate degree
- Preferred area of study: Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent Science Field
- Intermediate to advanced years of experience in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) environment
- Ideally intermediate years of direct supervisory experience.
- Use of Trackwise, Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Empower and other laboratory software
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.