Senior Scientist – Materials Science & Pharmaceutical Formulation Development
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for a Senior Scientist, Product Development at their Bend, OR location.
As a Senior Scientist in Product Development, you will design experimental plans and interpret data by routinely utilizing fundamental scientific models and applying sound hypotheses to meet project deliverables. You must be proficient in a broad range of techniques and practices relating to pharmaceutical product development and exhibit strong leadership in scientific thought and innovation, operational excellence and execution, mentorship, and supporting client interactions.
- Lead research and development activities in collaboration with multidisciplinary technical project teams
- Exercise technical proficiency in the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies and goals
- Critically assess experimental data, provide interpretation of results, and ensure data quality and integrity
- Drive the delivery of innovative solutions that leads to enhanced intellectual property and assist in expanding the offering to clients
- Routinely read and leverage the scientific literature to support development of innovative technologies
- Author in-depth technical protocols, summaries, and reports
- Prepare and deliver detailed scientific presentations for clients, colleagues, and management
- Participate in data reviews and client discussions
- Act as a technical mentor/coach for more junior Research Scientists
- Assist and support GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) QC (Quality Control) by participating in activities, including, development study design and execution, drafting documents, training, analytical method development, validation and transfer, investigation support, product commercialization and ongoing product support, and change control
- Bachelors, Master’s or PhD degree in Chemistry, Biology or related discipline with significant related experience
- Experience designing and/or characterizing amorphous solid formulations is a plus
- Analytical method development and validation experience is strongly preferred
- Experience working with internal technical project teams and clients is required
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative, team oriented, and customer focused environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, research environment
- Must be able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.