Cell and Viral Therapy Process Engineer
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for a mid-career professional to grow with us. We have this exciting opportunity in the Engineering group for a Process Engineer who will be responsible for support and improve the manufacturing operations
- The delivery of reliable operation and maintenance of the Houston Site Facilities
- Supports manufacturing by troubleshooting equipment and processes to resolve issues that may arise during manufacturing campaigns.
- Aseptic Filling process Subject Matter Expert
- Provide engineering solutions that maximize process efficiency and improve quality performance of the assigned processes.
- Performs continues improvement actions to ensure process reliability.
- Interacts with internal/external customers and evaluates process requirements to ensure the facility and equipment capabilities can accommodate.
- Develops specifications for equipment and process improvement initiatives.
- Utilizes technology and Lean design principles to improve process efficiency.
- Increases process control by utilizing automation
- Evaluates and utilizes technology to incorporate innovations into process designs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
- Moderate experience in pharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing process
- Aseptic Filling Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication to include accurate and legible documentation skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, team oriented, independent work skills and a strong work ethic.
- Microsoft Office, database management, organization skills, record keeping skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- AutoClave and Bio Reactor experience
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.