Manager - Maintenance Engineering - Viral Vector
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for a mid-career professional to grow with us. We have this exciting opportunity in the Engineering group that will be responsible for equipment maintenance and reliability in the Viral Vector manufacturing area.
- The delivery of reliable operation and maintenance of the Houston Site Facilities in the Viral Vector manufacturing areas
- Provide leadership and technical expertise for maintenance strategy for equipment and systems
- Recommend and support implementation of improvements to maintenance instructions including Job Plans, Spare Parts Lists,
- Own selected maintenance SOP’s and recommend and implement improvements.
- Recommend and implement improvements to timing and coordination of maintenance activities
- Provide field support to identify and resolve equipment and maintenance related issues
- Provide support to improve safety, compliance, efficiency and effective execution of maintenance work orders
- Evaluate equipment and instrumentation maintenance and failure history and recommend and implement improvements
- Manage selected maintenance contract service providers
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with 10 years of directly related experience or Associate Degree with 15 years with direct related experience./Biotech experience required
- Prior experience managing a cross functional team of utilities and maintenance personnel required
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.