Instrument and Electrical Technician
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Instrument and Electrical Technician will analyze and correct electrical problems and repair and overhaul equipment and controls. Maintains, repairs and calibrates instrumentation systems. May install, repair and maintain all types of plant equipment, piping and utility systems associated with the operation of a Chemical Manufacturing facility. Supports the EHS, departmental and site goals. Relevant Associate’s Degree, ISA Certification or 3-5 years relevant experience preferred.
- Responsible for implementing the philosophy, “The Goal is Zero” in his/her job routine. Works to attain the purpose, “Zero injuries, Zero process incidents, Zero distribution incidents and Zero environmental incidents”.
- Knowledgeable of NFPA 70E, is qualified to safely service electrical equipment and knowledgeable of techniques and methods to keep employees safe. Will perform LOTO as needed, follow applicable safety procedures and will participate in EHS activities as needed.
- Plans details of working procedure by determining replacement needs or new material required and develops a logical approach to correct the problem including charging out of parts or working with external vendors and or site engineering to resolve problems.
- Reviews wiring diagram and piping layout, instrumentation drawings, interprets electrical schematics, I/O Wiring and Panel Drawings and specifications regarding repair, installation, inspection or calibration work to be performed.
- Applies knowledge of electronic and instrumentation principles to install, calibrate and validate equipment, troubleshoot issues and support continuous improvement projects. Major areas of responsibility include power distribution, process controls, control systems, motor control and related devices, lighting, instrument, control systems such as PLCs and DCS as well as HMIs maintenance and proper associated documentation.
- Performs calibrations and preventative and corrective maintenance tasks on instrumentation, piping and electrical or process equipment which may include communication cables, power distributions, PLCs, and field device and conducts investigations as necessary on failed calibrations or maintenance events in accordance with safety, maintenance, reliability, quality and calibration programs.
- Readily works with mechanical maintenance and fabricates parts as required, using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
- Requires knowledge of the methods, tools, materials and equipment used in the construction, maintenance, repair and operation of a chemical manufacturing facility.
- Exercises high degree of independent judgement.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.