Senior Principal Scientist and Principal Group Leader, Process Development, DPS
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel, Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Senior Principal Scientist / Principal Group Lead Process Development, DPS.
- Lead drug product process development activities related to drug product process development, characterization, and validation of assigned customer projects
- Design and implement scale-down models for development and characterization of drug product manufacturing process unit operations
- Design, execute and deliver process characterization studies for liquid and lyophilized parenteral drug products of biologics (e.g. monoclonal antibodies, novel formats, ADCs, peptides), peptides and small molecules
- Support scale-up and technology transfer for drug product manufacturing at different sites
- Manage group of technicians, engineers and/or scientists and collaborate across departments
- Ensure effective use of resources (time, personnel, equipment, material, rooms), maintenance of equipment, order, safety and health protection as well as lab and safety
- Take care of work documentation work (e.g. development reports, regulatory documents)
- Contribute to improvements, explore new technologies and lead integration of activities
- Enable innovation and technical strategy projects, generate IP and evaluate and implement of new methods and technologies
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Pharmacy, or equivalent
- Significant experience in biotech / pharma industry with emphasis on drug product process development, manufacturing, scale-up, and technology transfer
- Experience of technical issues and requirements for drug product process development
- Knowledge in lyophilization, primary packaging, aseptic product manufacture or protein drug products and/or protein analytics desirable
- Excellent communication skills with excellent command of English, written and spoken
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.