Global Talent Scout
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are building a new Talent Scouting Team. Would you like to build it with us?
This is an exciting opportunity for accomplished Talent Scouts to influence from the beginning the way we will work and deliver against our most impactful business talent needs globally, within our expanding Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) business unit.
As a Global Talent Scout you will be part of a newly created in-house talent scouting team of experts responsible for building professional networks globally in a competitive external candidate market, this includes identifying, engaging and motivating top suitable talent to join Lonza’s CGT mission.
This is about your capabilities and not your location, therefore the role can be based remotely or at any of our CGT main offices in Houston (US), Portsmouth (US) or Maastricht (NL).
- Lead and execute effective talent scouting initiatives and agreed strategies, aligned to the respective business functional priorities, in order to create and maintain healthy talent pipelines for the respective specialized skillset & management roles
- Identify, engage and motivate passive top suitable talent to join our mission
- Work in collaboration within the Talent Scouting Group to build and design best-in-class global scouting strategies (Incl. related processes, frameworks, guidelines, campaigns and tools)
- Work in collaboration and alignment with various colleagues and stakeholders across our 3 main regions (Americas, Europe & APAC) to build and optimize effective scouting talent strategies
- Interact with our global talent acquisition delivery teams to provide suitable talent into our active recruitment needs
- Drive pro-actively the external scouting relationship management activities by optimizing the usage of all required channels (Social Networks, Candidate Databases, Ambassador Programs, Professional Associations and Industry Conferences)
- Responsible for providing candidate market intelligence to support talent strategy initiatives and when necessary course corrections
- Be an active member of the wider talent acquisition team to promote collaboration and aim for delivery excellence
- Bachelor’s degree
- Significant successful experience working in talent acquisition environment preferably in pharmaceutical, biotech or life science industries
- Extensive experience in building strong professional talent networks across multiple regions, niche skill sets and functions
- Experience with leveraging all relevant pro-active talent acquisition global channels to identify and engage with potential candidates
- Demonstrated ability to develop meaningful and long-term internal and external relationships
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems (ATS), recruiting software and candidate databases. Strong attention to detail with a keen eye to the importance of reporting. Workday experience preferred
- Self-motivated and the ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and willingness to succeed
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced and complex matrix environment with frequent changes of priorities
- Driven to get quality results with a dynamic, efficient and committed way of working
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- True passion for talent scouting, which is part of your recruitment DNA
- English fluency is essential & extraordinary communication skills
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.