Group Leader - Program Management
Program Management Group Leader
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Due to continuous growth at our site in Visp, we are currently looking for a Group Leader to further strengthen the Program Management department.
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall project execution to our customers in their respective sites, collaborating with the Site-Head and function as a subject matter specialist. Next to this, you will guide the team as their line manager, help prioritizing and implement new strategies.
- Oversee consistent project execution. Key focus: customer centricity, quality, cost, profitability, timeline and risk management
- Operate as a key interface between the Sales- and Operations organizations and the customer
- Implement new ideas- and strategies
- Line management of the PM team – guiding the group by being responsible for the recruitment, talent development and PM methodologies expertise
- Master’s degree with a Technical- or Life Science background or equivalent experience
- Project Management certification (e.g. PMP/PMI/PRINCE2/etc.)
- Extensive experience in line management: ability to manage group of people towards achieving a common goal; drive execution, efficient communication and taking responsibility
- Comfotable solving problems / issues, translating strategy into actionable objectives and to negotiate with stakeholders
- Fluency in English is a requirement, any other language an advantage
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.