Global FX and Commodity Risk Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have a new opportunity at Lonza's headquarters in Basel for a Global FX and Commodity Risk Manager. This role will be a lead advisory supporting business units in managing FX and commodity price risks, protecting P&L from adverse financial market movements and executing foreign currency exchange transactions. This position guides local treasury function on an operational level and is involved in strategy and policy development.
- Execution and functional responsibility for financial risk management including currency, interest rate and commodity price risks
- Responsible for the definition and implementation of the Risk Management strategy in Treasury including the identification, measurement, control and monitoring of financial risks
- Serves as a Treasury Risk advisor to the business units and segments
- Supports the business in protecting against adverse effects from unexpected capital markets price movements
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements in area of responsibility
- Manages long-term bank relations in respect to the specific product coverage
- Leads or participates in treasury projects (e.g. selection and implementation of a new Treasury Management System)
- Guides local professionals in legal entities on financial risk management
- Controls and instructs Treasury functions in the region
- Manages Treasury professionals
- Macroeconomic research analyses and presentations
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Finance, Economics or related subject
- Significant experience in Capital Management with special focus on FX, interest rates and commodities, compliance and regulatory matters
- Solid understanding of financial products including Forwards, Swaps, and Options
- Excellent understanding of market standards and front office processes; experienced with 360T FX Trading Platform
- Understanding of hedge accounting and how financial derivatives impact P&L
- Strong MS Office skills particularly Excel, Bloomberg, familiarity with Treasury Management Systems and bank portal systems
- Excellent and agile communication skills in English
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.