Engineer, Product Development
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for an Engineer to join the Product Development team at their location in Bend, OR. This is an excellent opportunity to join a group of scientists and engineers which focus on the product development of oral solid dosage forms.
As an Engineer, you will be responsible for both customer-based product design and development, as well as the internal development and progression of lead technology areas. You will routinely design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, and communicate and present results to both internal and external research and development teams.
- Lead research and development activities in collaboration with clients and internal technical teams to define strategy and execute work plans
- Apply knowledge of pharmaceutics plus chemistry, material science, and engineering to solve challenges around: safety, drug delivery, formulation, analytics, and manufacturing
- Design, execute, review, and interpret experiments to make decision recommendations toward the product development strategy
- Adhere to scientifically-sound practices; including both model-based and risk-based approaches to research, design, development, scale-up, and technology transfers of formulations, methods, and processes
- Communicate technical information to internal teams and/or clients in the form of oral and written correspondence, presentations, and reports
- Support products throughout clinical development and manufacturing activities
- Evaluate instruments, equipment, processes, and systems to improve safety, quality, and performance
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Chemical Engineering or Material Science with significant experience in pharmaceutical formulation development. Entry level Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences will be considered.
- Proven technical skills in problem solving, analytical techniques, data gathering, and interpretation
- Ability to perform tests and modify techniques where required for a range of chemicals, formulations, and dosage forms
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead, train, and direct activities of a team toward time-sensitive deliverables
- Work successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly collaborative, scientifically-driven, team-oriented, and customer-focused environment inclusive of research, development, and GMP manufacturing
- Understanding of pharmaceutical regulations, industry guidelines and knowledge of GMP practices is preferred
- Understanding of pharmaceutical regulations, industry guidelines
- Knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) is preferred
- Experience in advancing oral drug products through late stages of clinical development is highly desirable
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.