United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Proposal Manager position was created to support the growth of the Cell and Gene Therapy business. In this role, you will report to the Head of Commercial for Emerging Technologies. You will evaluate new client opportunities following an established proposal process and prepare tailored proposals meeting client’s needs leading to acquisition of new projects. Additionally, you will be responsible for delivering high quality proposals with the goal to acquire new customers and projects leading to achieving revenue targets and continued growth of the business.
- Experience working in regulated biotech/pharma industry within in a project management capacity.
- Experience working in a Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) is highly preferred
- High attention to detail; self-motivation with strong organization, communication (written and verbal) and computer skills (expertise with MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Diplomacy, negotiation skills, independent work skills, strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing teams.
- Has a solid understanding of manufacturing concepts as they relate to Cell and Gene Therapies.
- Ability to develop operational models in collaboration with subject matter experts such as Process Development, Operations, Quality Assurance and others.
- Must have a solid commercial understanding of costing and pricing of contracts.
- Position requires understanding of financial terms and concepts.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree with commercial or scientific focus
- Previous relevant work experience in project management
- Strong contract administration, project management
- Demonstrated leadership managing people across the organization
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strategic, operational, and technical management skills
- Ability to listen and understand customer needs
- Create “fit for purpose” proposals that: (1) meet customers’ needs, (2) are supported by /aligned with Operations and (3) maximize Lonza’s chance of winning highly profitable and strategic projects
- This job requires flexibility to work non-standard hours before or after typical workday and some weekends as required.
- 30%-40% Travel Required
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.