Manufacturing Science and Technology Manager
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is searching for a dynamic Manager for our Manufacturing Sciences and Technology Department (MSAT) at our Portsmouth, NH facilities. As our Manager, your primary responsibility is to leading a small group of professional scientists whose major responsibility is process transfer and support for a number of different customer projects. You will need to have experience supporting at-scale upstream processing.
- Performs all functions associated with managing a small group in the MSAT department.
- Develops, coaches and mentors direct reports according to their needs.
- Provides a safe, controlled work environment in all areas of responsibility while being aware of the site safety objectives and making sure these are communicated and understood by all staff.
- Provides technical guidance to subordinates and aids in issue resolution. Able to identify potential solutions and lead multidisciplinary teams in developing and implementing solutions.
- Reviews process changes and assesses change controls for impact of process / equipment or procedural changes that can affect both process performance and product quality.
- Assesses all major deviations including those that impact product quality as well as post lot release deviations that may impact multiple products.
- Performs process fit assessments for new processes.
- Supports documentation preparation for regulatory purposes.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences or Biomedical/Chemical Engineering.
- Extensive experience in biotech industry in process development and process scale up / manufacturing.
- Substantial experience with large-scale manufacturing support (mammalian preferred), current Good Manufacturing Practices, US / EU regulations.
- Technical understanding of upstream unit operations: aseptic technique; mammalian cell culture; and harvest activities.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.