Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Due to the growth at our site in Visp, we are currently looking for several Manufacturing Specialists for our Ibex-facility. In this role, you will be responsible for executing the operational activities of assigned manufacturing projects in specific areas (Up-stream or Down-stream processing) with respect to safety and quality standards and on-time-in full delivery.
- Executes manufacturing activities in the area of mammalian cell culture and/or purification according to cGMP guidelines, ensuring batch execution, evaluating test results, resolving issues, troubleshoot manufacturing equipment and make recommendations for resolution
- Supports execution of SHE (Safety, Health, environment), EM (Environmental Monitoring), operation and cleaning risk analysis for the assigned products and the implementation and control of defined measures
- Supports to establish timely and with high quality the required production documentation (preparation and review of electronic batch records) specific to the assigned production area
- Reviews production documentation and works on deviations, change requests and implementation of CAPAs to ensure high-quality GMP standards
- Working as production expert in Capital investment projects for building and commissioning of the manufacturing units. Responsible for delivering all input required for the specific set-up, commissioning and qualification of the manufacturing suites and equipment including automation
- Supports Engineering and workshops for campaign preparation and change-over activities in the facility
- Bachelor / Master's degree within Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related disciplines
- Strong knowledge level of biotechnology (biotechnical engineering preferable) and in the area of Mammalian cell culture / protein purification
- Basic GMP understanding is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, team player, driven and solution-oriented
- Fluency in English and German is mandatory
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.