Manufacturing Specialist (m/f/d)
Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Due to the growth at our site in Visp, we are currently looking for several Manufacturing Specialists for our Ibex-facility. In this role, you will be responsible for executing operational activities of assigned manufacturing projects in specific areas (Up-stream or Down-stream processing).
• Execute manufacturing activities in either the Upstream Processing or Downstream Processing area according to cGMP guidelines, ensuring batch execution, evaluating test results, resolving issues, troubleshoot manufacturing equipment and make recommendations for resolution
• Support the preparation of SHE (Safety, Health, environment), EM (Environmental Monitoring), operation and cleaning risk assessment for the assigned products and the implementation and control of defined measures
• Support document preparation (e.g. electronic batch records, SOPs) specific to the assigned production area
• Review production documentation and work on deviations, change requests and implementation of CAPAs to ensure high-quality GMP standards
• Engage in Capital investment projects for building and commissioning of new manufacturing units as manufacturing expert. Responsible for delivering all input required for the specific set-up, commissioning and qualification of the manufacturing suites and equipment
• Responsible for the training of the manufacturing staff on specific equipment or standard operations
• Bachelor / Master's degree in Biotechnology, Bio-chemical Engineering or related disciplines
• Sound knowledge of biotechnological processes either in the area of microbial and/or mammalian cultivation or in the area protein purification
• Basic GMP understanding is a plus
• Excellent communication skills, team player, driven and solution-oriented
• Fluency in English and German is mandatory
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.