Scientist, Analytical Services
Tuas Singapore, Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You will be joining the Analytical Services team within Development Services in Lonza Singapore. Development Services are responsible for the development and characterization of manufacturing processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base. The Analytics Services team performs a spectrum of analytical testing, spanning development and validation of test methods, stability studies, preparation and characterization of reference standards alongside rapid analytical support for cell line selection, upstream and downstream process development process characterization studies, using routine test methods alongside automated high throughput assay platforms. The purpose of this role is to execute analytical studies to a high standard in compliance with ICH guidelines, GMP and business principles.
- Execution of laboratory work supporting analytical testing on antibodies and other therapeutic recombinant proteins.
- Test methods employed include, but are not limited to, techniques using capillary electrophoresis, HPLC/UPLC, spectrophotometry, ELISAs, etc, including high throughput versions.
- Experience using Biacore may also be considered advantageous.
- Collaborate within the different functional analytical teams by contributing to analytical Product Stability and Reference Standard activities, method validation studies and Process Analytics by performing supporting analytical work.
- Contribute to customer projects by generating and interpreting scientific data from experimental work.
- Deliver high quality communication to ensure an outstanding customer experience.
- Working as part of a site and global project team, co-ordinate multiple projects and ensure timely delivery of project work stages.
- Facilitate communication between other departments in Singapore (eg QC/QA) and across the global Lonza network.
- Degree in a relevant Science field or Equivalent
- Practical laboratory experience in analytical testing for antibodies or proteins is required although training will be provided
- May suit a candidate with prior experience in a cGMP / QC laboratory.
- Understanding of theory and application of protein production, purification and analysis
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent team working skills
- Experience working within a formal Quality Management System (cGxP/ISO)
- The role may require occasional weekend work.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.