Principal Scientist - Cell- Line Development
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a Principal Scientist in Cell Culture Development, you will work in interdisciplinary teams as a lead expert in cell line development and interact closely with customers on project basis. Furthermore, you will hold accountability for the performance and results of the assigned projects including timeline and cost control.
- Lead multi-disciplinary complex projects on mammalian cell line development, ensuring all quality and regulatory aspects are fulfilled
- Develop strong customer relationships
- Be a subject matter expert in cell line development and support the team
- Actively contribute to the implementation and establishment of robust processes
- Provide solutions to identified risks, issues, problems. Report issues in a timely fashion
- Write and review high quality reports
- Act as a deputy of the team manager when needed and support the process development management
- Lead training activities
- PhD or MSc plus a couple of additional years’ experience in Biotechnology or equivalent.
- Significant experience in a biopharmaceutical/CMO/CRO company
- In depth expertise of mammalian cell line development for the production of recombinant proteins and of the associated regulatory requirements
- Experienced in the following technical skills: stable transfections, single cell cloning (experience with FACS is a plus), Ambr15, cryopreservation
- Good knowledge of process development tools
- Experienced contact point for customers
- Excellent communication skills in English and/or German
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.