Head of Training Academy
Tuas Singapore, Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In the last few years, a significant Pharmaceutical Industry presence has grown in the surrounding Tuas Biomedical Park. As a leader in global custom manufacturing, Lonza in Tuas, Singapore is expanding its presence in the growing Asian demographics rapidly. As a member of this fast expanding organization, this position would be an ideal opportunity for someone wanting to develop their career to the next level in this exciting industry.
The Head of Training Academy, Mammalian & Microbial Development & Manufacturing (MMDM) works with the Global Pharma Operations Team on the establishment of a global network of internal and external Subject Matter Experts and trainers to ensure dedication to excellence, functional competencies and best practice sharing.
- Ownership and accountability for the build of the Training Academy (framework & content of the excellence programs) from the pilot phase until the roll-out across other functions & site
- Development and deployment of a global Learning Strategy and Learning Excellence Framework for workforce across all levels and functions
- Align the learning capability programs and academies across the organization with the needs of the business strategy and global market development.
- Own the learning agenda from a People, Content, Systems and Tools perspective
- Integrate and align the learning agenda into the Organizational Development and Talent Management programs and processes and help reshape Lonza’s competence model
- Develop a training organization and culture that will make the Training Academy a progressive and recognized best practice Academy
- Develop and implement a governance structure both globally and within each business segment to ensure documents and training packages are harmonized wherever possible
- Support and sustain documentation excellence to minimize liabilities and losses due to poorly written documents and to reduce the risk of compliance issues
- Support Strategy implementation by building and implementing a management training and personal development curriculum ground for major career paths
- Degree in Science / Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge in training, organizational development or related field
- Solid understanding of the production environment in the Chemical / Pharmaceutical / Biochemical Industry
- Proven experience in leading training and learning efforts and setting up academies in a multi-cultural and international environment
- Sound understanding and experience with various training methodologies, change management, continuous improvement and innovative technology relating to training
- Excellent working knowledge of GMP and GLP requirements with regards to Documentation and Records Management
- Preferably Green Belt certified with strong experience with implementation of Lean Six Sigma tools
- A self-starter with the ability to influence senior level in the businesses and markets
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.