Scientist, Analytical Development
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for a Scientist, Analytical Development at our Bend, OR location.
As an Analytical Development Scientist, you will be responsible for method development and validation to support process development, tech transfer, release testing and stability activities for pharmaceutical drug product programs. You will apply your knowledge of analytical chemistry fundamentals in an experimental setting to guide the development of pharmaceutical products, lead research and development activities in collaboration with project teams and interface with internal teams and external clients.
- Document all experiments and results thoroughly with detailed observations
- Exercise technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies and goals
- Critically assess experimental data and provide interpretation of results
- Prepare technical reports, summaries and protocols
- Prepare detailed scientific presentations for clients, colleagues and management
- Participate in data reviews and client discussions
- Demonstrate a high level of professional expertise in one or more technical areas
- Act as mentor/coach for junior Research Chemists and Engineers
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree with significant experience relating to pharmaceutical formulation development and analytical chemistry. Doctoral degree with some working experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge with analyzing, and interpreting common analytical data used for amorphous pharmaceutical applications such as DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimetry), particle sizing, dissolution, GC (Gas Chromatography), XRPD (X-ray Powder Diffraction), HPLC (High-performance Liquid Chromatography), and KF (Karl Fisher)
- Working knowledge in method development, qualification and validation around common pharmaceutical analytical techniques
- CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls) and regulatory experience with advancing drug product formulations through later stage clinical trials encouraged
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative, team oriented, customer focused environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, research and manufacturing environment
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.