Business Development Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Capsugel - now a Lonza company - designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of innovative dosage forms for the biopharmaceutical and consumer health & nutrition industries. We partner with more than 4,000 customers in over 100 countries to create novel, high-quality and customized solutions that align with our customers’ evolving needs and benefit patients and consumers.
- Propose appropriate tactics based on the in-depth analysis of market trends, competition, technology trends, new product demands and other unmet customer needs.
- Work closely with regional business leaders in order to define effective plans to secure growth for Capsugel. Track progress against established regional plans to achieve the aggressive objectives and maximum profits.
- Manage new business pipeline and assigned projects in close cooperation with internal and external resources. Identify and propose lead users to test Capsugel new capabilities.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key decision makers at customers; Provides timely customer support and appropriate solutions with the help of internal or external resources in order to direct and speed up the development of customer products applying Capsugel’s products, technologies and services.
- Assist to define the positioning of Capsugel’s products, technologies and services. Propose new services and technologies which will create strategic advantage vs our competition.
- Establish and strength relationship with experts, government agencies, association and other related stakeholder to forge SCL’s expertise and image in WM industry
- Work with marketing team on related marketing activities, including proposal and implement of necessary events (seminar, show et, al), screening media and promotion platform, giving speech in the defined events, and help to design the promotion materials
- Give trainings internally to upgrade specific knowledge of Biopharma among the sales and Marketing Team
- Education: Bachelor above, prefer major in pharmaceuticals, dosage form, traditional Chinese medicine Degree or related;
- Rich experience in sales, BD working experience, preference for candidate with experience in API, excipients, pharmaceutical packaging, pharmaceutical DS and so on.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills, able to establish and maintaining productive relationships with colleagues, networking across company.
- Ability and experience managing projects
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills
- Accept to travel frequently
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.