Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You are responsible for providing timely and efficient maintenance service with safety, rapid response to equipment failure is needed
- Review Utilities log sheets, work orders and Key Performance Indicators for compliance with quality requirements.
- Support maintenance technicians to work out the failure analysis of equipment with reliability engineer, raise the equipment reliability continuously
- Collaborate with Utilities operation and maintenance crew, to sustain safe, reliable and efficient utilities operations
- Organize and implement daily PM and yearly scheduled shutdown
- Assist maintenance manager to ensure maintenance team compliant with Good Manufacturing Practices requirement
- Establish utilities operation procedures and maintenance programs to maintain compliance with regulatory codes, corporate and budgetary requirements, and to sustain safe, reliable and efficient utilities operations.
- Train and develop maintenance employees, upgrade their capability continuously
- Establish spare part list and effective inventory level to ensure maximum equipment uptime of Utilities System
- Drive continuous improvement programs with Operational Excellence team
- Assist maintenance manager to control maintenance cost
- Assist maintenance manager to manage out-source contractors
- Manage operation and maintenance service contracts to ensure Utility systems are operated and maintained in accordance with regulatory, quality, Environment, Health and Safety and budgetary requirement, so as to sustain safe, reliable and efficient utilities operations.
- Continue to optimize maintenance system and upgrade maintenance performance such as work order, spare parts and equipment downtime
- Lead Utilities operation and maintenance team in troubleshooting of Utilities Systems.
- Drive/assess technical changes through Change Management Process.
- Provide engineering support during routine and shutdown maintenance work
- Lead/Participate in discrepancy management process, identify root cause, implement corrective & preventive measures and drive records for timely closure
- Support Engineering, site expansion and other ad hoc projects
- Carries out any other work and task as directed by Manager.
- Experience in current Good Manufacturing Practices environment is essential.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in utilities operation and maintenance, troubleshooting and persistence to resolve outstanding issues are required.
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical, Chemical Process or Industrial Engineering with significant experience in the pharmaceutical/Bio technology manufacturing facility.
- Understand Environment, Health and Safety & engineering knowledge in industrial field
- Familiar and deep understanding on local and global industrial/engineering/regulatory best practices, codes and standards are essential.
- Experience in implementing SAP Maintenance Program and spare parts management is an added advantage.
- To provide uninterruptable utility supplies to the end user this role required extended support if required.
- Good foundation in English on oral and written communication skills with high computer literacy.
- A self-starter who can work on his/her own initiative and team player with demonstrated ability to work effectively across functional teams and at multiple levels within the organization.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.