Global Head of Analytical Testing
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a Global Head of Analytical Testing who leads and coordinates strategic projects related to the global implementation of the quality strategy. The main goal is to harmonize Quality Control approaches within Lonza, increase efficiency, develop internal know-how and proactively tackle potential compliance/ quality gaps.
- Supports the identification, definition and scoping of strategic goals.
- Translates strategic goals into projects to be initiated and executed all over the global operations network at multiple sites
- Aligned with the overall quality strategy, identifies business cases, supports investment requests (CAR) and leads project execution for major process standardization and change & innovation projects at multiple sites.
- Actively selects appropriate team members capable to contribute to the project goals and acting as change agents in the organization.
- Directs and motivates multi-disciplinary, multi-site project teams and hold team members accountable to deliver results within an agreed project governance structure to achieve the project goals.
- Actively leads changes to the organization for both, people and technical aspects.
- Overall responsible for the project budget; monitors effectiveness of implementation and reports back to stakeholders.
- Creates and fosters an environment that increases employee commitment and ensures that project goals are met in an effective manner.
- Leads multidisciplinary and multi-site project teams.
- Acts as an interface to Operations, global functions and the local QA and QC line management.
- Extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry and a strong background in Quality Control (QC)
- International experience beneficial
- Strong understanding of and experienced in working in cGMP regulated environment
- Ability to lead, define and execute projects
- Excellent problem-solving and stakeholder management capabilities
- Ability to lead diverse, cross-functional teams in the successful delivery and execution of projects
- Excellent command of English; German advantageous
- Strong leader, motivating team player, drives results and excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and adapt and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.