Full-Time Driver - Mapleton, IL
- Deliver all loads in a safe and timely manner.
- Pre-plan trips based on weather, length of haul and delivery times.
- Follow appropriate procedures for transporting hazard materials.
- Ensure equipment maintenance and all safety equipment is up to date.
- Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions to minimize fuel consumption.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations and damage to operations.
- Unload all loads according to Lonza procedures.
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods.
- Clean unloading area and equipment.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Ensure all permits and placards are correct and up to date.
- Operate equipment, such as cab computers, CB radios, phones and GPS .
- Maintain driver logs in accordance to DOT regulations.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: 3-5 years' OTR preferred
Licenses: Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement; Valid Passport; Valid TWIC Card
Knowledge: Familiar with local, state and federal DOT laws
Skills: Basic Computer Skills
Qualities & Attitudes
- Demonstrates persistence and motivation to overcome obstacles and challenges. Consistently delivers goals and objectives.
- Takes responsibility for personal choices, decisions and behaviors. Contributes to a positive work environment; acts as a reliable and dependable member of the team.
- High Integrity and Detailed Oriented.
- Dependable, Cooperative, Team Player.
- Must be knowledgeable of, adhere to, and enforce stated safety policies and procedures. Incorporate and maintain safe behavior into all activities and consistently comply with all established safety and health policies and procedures.
- Always wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required.
- Immediately report any safety issues.
- Must be knowledgeable of, adhere to, and enforce stated quality policies and procedures. Incorporate and maintain quality behavior into all activities and consistently comply with all established quality policies and procedures.
- Immediately report any quality issues.