Accountant Record to Report (R2R) Supervisor
Manchester, United Kingdom
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza are seeking an experienced fully qualified Financial Accountant Supervisor to join a shared service centre function in Manchester. You will be responsible for leading a team within the R2R (Record to report) function which provides timely, accurate and compliant month end processes supporting the EMEA markets. You will form close working relationships with site controllers and ensure adherence to established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organisations financial records. The role will have an appropriate mix of supervisory and operational activities.
- Responsible for the maintenance of financial systems to ensure completeness of statutory and group reporting for region, ensuring compliance with accounting principles/standards, relevant regulations and reporting requirements. You will be responsible for the delivery if the R2R taxonomy of services.
- The role is also responsible for seeking out opportunities to align and improve processes
- Oversee Cost Centre reviews that ensure prepayments and accruals are appropriately accounted for and are appropriately managed.
- Oversee the performance and clearance of all reconciliation accounts, approving recurring journals, ensuring financial transactions are recorded and appropriately classified, including operating taxes.
- Drive compliance within a robust control framework and take responsibility for internal/external audit deliverables.
- Provide excellence service delivery and technical expertise to key stakeholder groups including market controllers, BSO management, peer groups, and external bodies
- Provide supervision and development for a team of qualified/part qualified accountants (circa 4-6 FTE).
- Key contributor to the R2R management and SSC (Shared Service Center) Extended Leadership Team to collectively deliver the finance vision.
- Support key change initiatives and drive through continuous improvement
- This will involve the discharge of Month End process and Balance Sheet Liability management.
- ICAEW (Insitute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA/ACA)- (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, Chartered Institute of Management accountants)
- ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning) (SAP) and advanced Excel skills (including vlook-ups and pivot tables)
- Experience of managing all the SSC delegated month-end close and financial management activities for a number of Lonza stakeholders
- Experience of supporting multiple country/unit based market controllers, providing both a transactional and business partnering function to ensure a high quality R2R service is delivered
- Robust experience of end to end R2R processes within a fast paced Shared Services Centre, covering:
- Trial balances
- Pre-payments and accruals
- Balance sheet reconciliations;
- Fixed Assets
- Intercompany Accounts
- Cost Accounting
- Regulatory returns e.g. VAT
- P&L + BS Variances
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.