Account Manager - Cell & Gene Technologies (East Coast - USA)
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Account Manager – Cell & Gene Technologies (East Coast – USA) will proactively manage customer relationships and ensure the successful execution of ongoing projects within our Cell & Gene Therapy business. The individual will strengthen customer relationships, increase account penetration, and uncover new avenues of business. Additionally, will be responsible to deliver year on year customer satisfaction targets, and territory/account financial targets.
- To develop robust and well thought out strategic account plans, and to obtain sales management and business unit approval of the plans. Account planning should be based on but not limited to current market/industry trends, and a sound understanding of the accounts pipeline and commercialization strategies.
- Manage ongoing account business and contractual negotiations. Ensure on time delivery and execution of Scope of Work. Organize and host Lonza & Customer Joint Steering Committees and Executive Steering Committees. Ensures that all lead and opportunity is consistently kept up to date to apprise senior management on the overall status of the incumbent’s account opportunity pipeline.
- Plan and perform the selling, proposal and contract negotiation processes, developing and deploying robust value propositions and action plans to close deals effectively and maximize margin.
- Act as the customer advocate and leverage internal team expertise to resolve problems and follow through on commitments, elevating critical issues to the appropriate management level for removal of organizational barriers to resolve customer problems.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in closing complex customer deals with multiple projects across all available Lonza technologies. Demonstrated competence in collaboration, team work and communication with customer, as well as, internal Lonza Commercial Leadership.
- Monitors, manages and ultimately improves customer satisfaction. Performs regular account health checks.
- A Master's degree in Life Science's or Engineering. PhD and/or MBA preferred.
- Significant commercial experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or preferable CDMO space.
- Solid understanding of the cell and gene therapy market as well as technologies.
- Proven track record in delivering year on year financial and customer satisfaction targets.
- General understanding of drug development and commercialization pathways.
- Well-connected industry networker.
- Accomplished presenter used to delivering impactful presentations to senior leaders.
- Strategic marketing and/or commercial background.
- Highly persuasive and proven influencer.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Is keen to understand customer motivation and value drivers.
- Builds enduring customer relationships based on trust.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.