Strategic Account Manager - Cell & Gene Technologies (USA)
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Strategic Account Manager – Cell & Gene Technologies (CGT) will focus on acquiring new client projects of extremely high value (100M+) of strategic nature to the Cell & Gene Therapy business. The function will further support the global account management team within the Chem Division and Bio Division to extract new opportunities in the CGT field.
Additionally, the Strategic Account Manager will support CGT Account Management and Business Development teams with structuring and negotiating high value/commercial deals. Targeting our competitors with the goal to attract clients towards Lonza for their existing and future programs completes the responsibilities of this role.
- Together with Global Account Managers within the Chem and Bio Division develop/refine CGT component of Account Plans allowing to understand opportunities and extract new projects from global accounts.
- Work closely with Global Account Managers in Chem and Bio Division to support them from a technical perspective as well as assist in structuring and negotiating high value deals.
- With the support of Market Insights develop a Competitor Client Map and target accounts with the goal to recruit existing or future projects towards Lonza.
- Support CGT Account Managers and Business Development with structuring and negotiating commercial/high value agreements.
- Represent CGT at trade shows and road shows with the goal to identify potential high value opportunities.
- Develop a portfolio of strategic deal options (equity deals, pipeline deals, etc.) and support Business Development and Account Managers in structuring and negotiating such deals.
- Engage with Venture Capitalists to enter into strategic partnerships and/or pipeline deals
- PhD and/or MBA in a life sciences discipline
- Strong technical background and in-depth understanding of Viral Vector manufacturing for Gene therapies; ideally having operational experience in Viral Vector manufacturing.
- Significant commercial experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or preferable CDMO (contract development and manufacturing organization) space.
- Demonstrated ability to structure and negotiate high value CDMO contracts 100M+
- Ability to build C-level relationships and influence/drive decision making at the most senior level
- Guiding diverse teams to achieve proposals and term sheets capturing client needs aligned with Lonza's offerings
- In depth understanding of business, legal and financial concepts/terms as they are relevant for structuring and negotiating multi-year service agreements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective influencing skills. Ability to communicate to varying levels and functions of the organization.
- Strong collaborative mindset.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to solve problems, understanding details and strategic picture, providing practical solutions. Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- Strong negotiating skill-set
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.