Head of Operations (m/f/d)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In order to support the continued growth we experience at that time, we are looking for experienced leaders in Biopharmaceutical manufacturing for Ibex™ Solutions, our recently launched unique biological manufacturing and development concept. Become part of this exciting opportunity, apply now for the Head of Operations role and join our talent community in Visp, Switzerland.
- Work as operations lead in Capital investment projects for construction and commissioning of Ibex™ biopharma facilities and support feasibility studies, conceptual and basic design phases as future user of those facilities
- Define & set up the operations organization and respective headcount ramp-up plans for the facilities
- Drives the operational set-up and incorporating innovation, operational improvements and other aspects influencing the manufacturing costs in the design of the facilities
- Manage a specific production unit during the initial engineering phase and give leadership to multi-disciplinary teams (Manufacturing, MSAT) of senior production leaders, managers or supervisors
- Full responsibility for all aspects of human resource management such as qualification, development, coaching, hiring, pay decisions and discipline issues
- Build up and sustain a successful, high performing team
- Accountable for preparation of risk analysis and all relevant procedures and ensuring training of staff
- Implement the Lonza culture via openness for change and new ideas, cooperative teamwork and continuous improvement even outside the own area of responsibility
- Develop department goals and strategy and prioritize with respect to overall goals of Lonza, the Lonza Business Units and the Ibex™ site
- Represent the specific facility during the engineering phases for customer visits and audits as Operations Head
- Responsible for control of own cost center, identifies and implements cost reduction measures
- Act as current and deep subject matter expert for evolving technologies relevant to Ibex™ site
- Master or Bachelor degree in Biotechnology or other relevant areas
- Extensive experience in a leading position in Biopharma manufacturing
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate internally and externally at higher levels
- Recognized expert in the area of GMP and biopharma production of large molecules and deep understanding of bioprocesses and operational excellence to solve problems in a cross-functional environment
- Very good understanding of business and financial processes
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Structured, proactive and collaborative working attitude
- Fluent in English and German
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.