Regulatory Registration Manager
Morristown, New Jersey
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Registration Manager will manage registration and labeling activities with government agencies in North America, supporting existing and new products and active ingredients for both internal and external customers. Serve as support in one or more business units, as needed.
- Manage or work in a small team to ensure compliance with all Federal and State regulatory requirements. Coordinates various tasks for the team.
- Serve on cross functional project teams to provide subject matter expertise support to other RA and business teams. Apply knowledge and expertise to develop and plan registration submissions in order to meet business needs.
- Communicate effectively with business partners to coordinate and prioritize submissions and timing for changes.
- Participate, as required, in government agency and trade association meetings, representing Lonza and the Regulatory Assurance department. (ACC Center for Biocide Chemistries (CBC), HCPA, etc.)
- Assist Sr. Manager to lead, mentor, and guide development of talent, which includes development planning, performance management, and recognition. Assist Senior Manager to establish clear performance expectations for the team, ensuring alignment with business objectives. Assist Senior Manager in the development of an annual budget and ensure alignment of operational and capitol planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Travel Requirements: 5-15%
- University degree coupled with applicable years of experience
- Preferred area of study: Physical Sciences
- In depth understanding of the Federal, State and Canadian registration processes and procedures.
- Attention to details, planning, and prioritization skills. Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously. Excellent communication skills in speaking and writing. Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with regulators over time.
- Able to effectively argue company positions without damaging relationships with regulators. Positive attitude and ability to work with regulators as well as people in the business functions.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.