Sales Technical Representative
Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position requires the incumbent to maximise our profit through implementation of marketing strategies, development of customer relationships through the provision of excellent sales and service experience.
- Ensure attainment of agreed sales targets
- Determine annual sales budget in conjunction with Sales Manager
- Develop multi-level relationship with customers
- Provide technical information to customers and assist customers in understanding wood treatment
- Identify business opportunity and communicate such growth opportunities to Sales Manager and R&T team
- Work with sub-agents/distributors to grow our sales volume and gross margin
- Ensure all debts collection are completed on time in accordance to agreed payment terms
- Customers visiting plan & visiting report
- Participates to the organization of customer events/ seminars
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree/ Diploma in Science or Chemical
- 5-10 years of relevant sales/BD experience working in a Multi-National environment
- Proven ability to sell value and demonstrate sales skills such as discovering customer pain points and presenting suitable solutions to solve
- Commercial B2B background from the Chemical, Paint, Coatings, Plastics, Material protection industry
- Proven track record in managing channels/distributors and ability to generate new prospects
- Excellent business partnering and influencing skills
- Technical skills – experience in personal care or/and home care industry will be helpful
- Self-starter who is able to work across functions, regions and with excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel within Malaysia and the SEA region.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.