Fill/Finishing Tech - Entry Level
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description Summary
The Fill/Finishing Tech- Entry Level is responsible for the preparation of all products in the finishing area and assists in the cleanroom as needed.
• Perform work order processing to complete products to inventory•Order labels from Label Control; pickup and delivery to and from label control
• Complete sample/test requests and submit samples/retains for testing such as Cber and RSE/CSE
• Ensure complete and accurate documentation and paperwork of all associated processes (batch records, label reconciliation, sample testing requests, QACS, line clearance) and tasks
• Screening and kitting of products
• Communicates with Production Planner and Warehouse to ensure all products are completed in a timely manner
• Interpret and respond to quality data
• Reconciliation of products using SAP
• Perform labeling of all vialed products and ensure product is stored correctly.
• Set up, operate, and trouble shoot all Finishing line equipment
• Comply with GMP and Lonza SOPs
• Assist in cleaning validations and APS runs of suites and/or production fills on as needed basis.
• May assist in the cleanroom as needed
• Perform assigned administrative duties and assists in the achievement of department and company objectives
Skill and/or Education Requirements:
• H.S. diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years of experience in a cGMP production environment or B.S. in a scientific discipline with at least 1-year experience in a cGMP production environment
• Experience and knowledge of SAP a plus
• Basic math skills for completion of calculations.
• Computer software skills including Microsoft Office, electronic documentation and inventory systems, organization skills, record keeping and planning skills, multiple projects, time management, facilitation skills
• Ability to operate pallet jack
• Must be able to manage time and maintaining regular attendance is mandatory.
• Must understand the importance of compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and ISO requirements.
• Proficient written and oral communication skills, team oriented and strong work ethic
• Diplomacy, negotiation skills, self-directed, independent.
• Collect, capture, analyze data – present in a concise manner
A majority of the work is done in a laboratory environment. Additional responsibilities may require entrance into a cleanroom environment. Working in the Finishing area requires scrubs, hairnet and shoe covers. Working in the cleanroom where gowning is required such as gown, hairnet, hood, mask, boots, goggles and two pairs of gloves. Working conditions can include standing for long periods of time, excessive noise, heavy lifting (up to 50lbs), repetitive motion and confined spaces. Some weekend work and overtime work is mandatory based on business necessity.Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.