Regional Quality Lead
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Regional Quality Lead for Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) in Visp, Switzerland. You lead strategic execution of Global quality strategies across the respective region in direct alignment with the business. You drive growth and revenue through continued application of quality as a business differentiator.
Responsible for overall administration of any and all relevant quality certification programs (e.g. ISO-9000, EFfCI, GMP, etc.) for the following facilities Visp, Koursim, Basel, Huddersfield and Port Shepstone.
- Effective and efficient leadership of the quality function across the region AND at site where position is located, including continuous improvement of functional KPIs.
- Accountable for translating global quality strategies into tactical regional / business plans while ensuring quality compliance and effectiveness of LSI products and services.
- Key liaison with sales and marketing to lead regional development and customer / stakeholder communication of LSI quality.
- Effectively lead operational strategies to ensure regulatory and customer compliance across the relevant supply chain functional areas for the region.
- Lead and develop regional quality team with regards to overall functional competencies, leadership abilities, and performance management at individual site and across the regional resource base (e.g. execution and application of functional competency model).
- Accountable for regional KPI / Quality cost metrics, performance of same, and establishment of business relevant targets to support the on-going LSI growth strategy.
- Implement customer centric quality plans across the regional supply chain to measure and improve key quality parameters, associated performance, and management reporting.
- Undergraduate / University degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry / Biotechnology, Pharmacy, etc. or appropriate scientific discipline required.
- Master Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry/Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Engineering, or equivalent preferred.
- Significant knowledge of the chemical (or similar / equivalent) industries and substantial experience in production, Quality Assurance, Quality Control required .
- Prior direct supervisory/manager experience, leading large organization structures.
- Deep knowledge of global management system approaches and structures, with the ability to incorporate quality requirements and strategies into tactical plans for execution.
- Ability to clearly define, structure and analyze quality assurance and business processes and the ability to multi-task projects and assess priorities in a complex environment.
- Passion for the continuous improvement process and high customer focus
- Demonstrated ability in cross-cultural as well as cross functional leadership specific to the region of accountability.
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritization in a fast-moving environment and independent working style.
- Very good communication skills in English and German.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.