Aseptic Training Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza has an excellent career opportunity for an Aseptic Training Manager. This is a new role created to support the growth and to aid in increased aseptic knowledge/training in Cell and Gene Therapy in the Houston, TX facility.
- Participate in training-related company-wide decisions and processes.
- Collaborate in the creation of training curriculum and design an effective training plan for manufacturing and technical training needs with a goal of maximizing performance.
- Collaborate with asset leaders to determine timelines and department aseptic training priorities.
- Execute weekly and monthly training reports to drive participation and accountability towards Global and site KPIs and compliancy standards.
- Lead the design of aseptic strategy in collaboration with other training stakeholders based on feedback, observations and business performance including weekly and monthly training completion reports.
- Administer aseptic behavior certification program for employees working in the aseptic environment including supporting teams (e.g. cleaning, QC, Facilities,…) that could influence aseptic performance.
- Conduct regular GEMBA walks and observe employees entering aseptic areas and/or performing aseptic activities in order to re-enforce correct gowning and aseptic techniques.
- Hands-on trainer for aseptic behavior inside the aseptic/classified manufacturing areas.
- Monitor Aseptic Process Simulation (APS), Aseptic Manipulation Tests (AMT),Media Fills and commercial runs to continuously improve existing training methodology and develop training materials to address those opportunities.
- Provide aseptic technique support during smoke studies.
- Develop and deliver GMP training modules related to proper aseptic behavior and maintaining an aseptic environment.
Bachelor's Degree in a scientific field, such as Microbiology.
Advanced experience in an aseptic environment or supporting aseptic manufacturing preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Thorough knowledge of GMP’s, PICS and ISO
- Able to break down complex principles and concepts into teachable elements
- Demonstrated experience with the ADDIE model, or similar training development model preferred
- Superior presentation skills
- Proficient level of knowledge and experience with statistical operations
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.