Principle Bioprocess Engineer (m/f/d)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have recently been confirmed as the global manufacturing partner for Moderna’s vaccine against the novel coronavirus, providing a tenfold manufacturing capacity increase. As other businesses face increasing economic uncertainty, we are fortunate to have opportunities for expansion. Through this new collaboration, our work will have a significant, direct and long-term impact on the management of this global pandemic. In order to support our continued growth Lonza is seeking experienced Bioprocess Engineers with a relevant background in Life Sciences and a passion for Biotechnology to join our talent community in Visp. Become part of this exciting opportunity and join our team by applying for the position as Principal Bioprocess Engineer in Visp, Switzerland.
- As Principal Bioprocess Engineer, you will manage operational activities for assigned manufacturing projects in Upstream or Downstream area
- Act as a functional lead for an interdisciplinary team of production leaders, supervisors and specialists and be accountable for the performance and results of assigned projects
- In upstream processing, you will be in the lead in one or more defined USP areas, i.e. small and large-scale media preparation, inoculum seed train, waves, single-use bioreactors, large-scale stainless steel bioreactors and/or depth filtration for clinical and/or commercial mammalian manufacturing
- In downstream processing, you will be in charge of the purification of monoclonal antibodies and other therapeutic proteins; you will be responsible for all process steps of the biologics drug substance from cell harvesting to product freezing for clinical and commercial manufacturing projects incl. chromatography and filtration unit operations
- Bachelor, Master’s Degree or PhD in Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related Life Science subject
- Good biotechnology expertise in the area of USP (media preparation, inoculum, wave, single-use bioreactors, depth filtration) or DSP units (chromatography, filtration, formulation or freezing), Large-Scale Manufacturing or Single Use Technologies (SUT)
- Very good GMP understanding
- Significant experience in either USP or DSP units
- Excellent communication skills in English and/or German
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.