Bioprocess Engineer (m/f/d)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have recently been confirmed as the global manufacturing partner for Moderna’s vaccine against the novel coronavirus, providing a tenfold manufacturing capacity increase. As other businesses face increasing economic uncertainty, we are fortunate to have opportunities for expansion. Through this new collaboration, our work will have a significant, direct and long-term impact on the management of this global pandemic.
In order to support our continued growth Lonza is seeking Bioprocess Engineers with a relevant background in Life Sciences and a passion for Biotechnology to join our talent community in Visp. Become part of this exciting opportunity and join our team by applying for the position as Bioprocess Engineer in Visp, Switzerland.
- As Bioprocess Engineer, you will secure operational activities for assigned manufacturing projects in upstream or downstream areas with responsibility for manufacturing execution with regard to the safety and quality standards and on-time-in full delivery
- You will act as the functional lead for preparation, manufacturing execution, cleaning and changeover in the assigned area
- In upstream processing (USP), you will be in the lead in one or more defined USP areas, including single-use or large scale stainless steel bioreactors for mammalian cell culture
- In downstream processing (DSP) you will be in charge of the purification of monoclonal antibodies and other therapeutic proteins for clinical and commercial manufacturing projects
- Master’s Degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related Life Science subject, or Bachelor’s holder with additional working experience in relevant industry
- Knowledge in either USP (such as bioreactors) or DSP units (such as chromatography)
- GMP experience and understanding of bioprocess technology
- Excellent communication skills in English and/or German
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.