Lonza offers a wide range of non-chloride and chloride quaternary ammonium compounds (quats) for wood preservation formulations. Registered quats are excellent cobiocides in wood preservation systems, protecting wood from surface mold and decay fungi. Non-chloride quats, such as Carboquat™ 250T and Bardap™ 26, offer the added benefit of protecting treating equipment from chemically-induced corrosion. Lonza’s unregistered quats are sold as formulation aids under the Uniquat™ trade name.
Lonza’s quaternary ammonium compounds include:
- Carboquat™ 250T, Carboquat™ WP-50 (didecyl dimethyl ammonium carbonate/bicarbonate)
- Bardap™ 26 (didecyl dimethyl ammonium propionate)
- Bardac™ 2250, 2280 (didecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride)
- Barquat™ 50-65B (alkyl (C12-C16) dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride)
- Barquat™ MB-50, MB-80 (alkyl (C12-C16) dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride)
- Barquat™ CT-35 (cocotrimethyl ammonium chloride)