Clonetics normal and diseased human epidermal keratinocytes are guaranteed for cell performance and test nagative for mycoplasma, bacteria, yeast, and fungi. HIV-1, hepatitis B and hepatitis C are not detected for all donors and/or cell lots. A Cerificate of Analysis (CoA) is provided for each cell lot purchased.
Primary keratinocytes provide a system to study control of dermal epithelial cell growth and differentiation. Keratinocytes make up majority of the epithelial layer of the skin which acts as a protective barrier against outside environment. Keratinocytes are abundant in a protein called keratin and also play an important role in maintaing tissue homeostasis. Keratin is a fibrous protein that functions as the structural material in the outer layer of human skin, hair and nails.
Clonetics™ Keratinocyte Growth Media Products are specially designed to support the growth of keratinocytes. Media systems have been specifically developed and optimized for various cell systems. Media are supplied in several formats:
- Basal Medium - contains no growth factors, cytokines, or supplements
- SingleQuots™ Kit - growth factors, cytokines, and supplements
- BulletKit™ - basal medium and SingleQuots™ Kit packaged together
- Epidermal model generation
- Skin cancer
- Toxicity (skin absorption studies)
- Differentiation models (Ca++ free medium needed)
- Epidermal disease research
- Dermatitis/eczema, psoriasis, sebaceous cysts, folliculitis, and impetigo
- Wound healing
- Dermal burns.