Lonza offers a comprehensive collection of primary cells and media products supporting many research areas. Our brand is well-recognized for its outstanding scientific support team and its dedication to consistent, high-performing products for more than 30 years. Read our product news to find out how human primary cells were pioneered.
Why Use Primary Cells?
is widely understood that primary cells are the most biologically and
physiologically relevant in vitro tool. While most researchers are familiar
with the significance of high-quality human primary cells, they are limited to
using cell lines or isolating human primary cells in-house for experimentation.
Cell lines may not be the optimal tool for biologically relevant data because
cell lines may contain undefined set of mutations and chromosomal abnormalities
that arise from multiple replications. Labs that have stepped into primary cell
culture by isolating them in-house face obstacles of comparing data with
individual groups or over a long-term study due to the variability among the
reagents and the procedures used to isolate cells.
Lonza’s Cryopreserved Human Primary Cells Are:
- Flexible – Removes time-dependencies with tissue procurement and isolations. Ready-to-use cells.
- Ideal for Scale Up – Cells are produced as large batches. Same batch can be stored, archived and utilized as needed for long-term studies
- Authenticated – Thorough quality control testing completed to assure cell identity
- Performance guaranteed when used with recommended media, reagents and protocols
- All tissue utilized for our human cell products is ethically obtained with documented, legal permission for research use. Upon request, detailed donor information including medical history can be provided both for normal and diseased cells. Contact Scientific Support for further details.
Request a Free Print Copy of Our Posters on Human Primary Cells:
Recommended Media to Support Primary Cells
Our BulletKit™ Media Kits have been specially designed to support the growth of Lonza's primary cells. Each BulletKit™ Medium is comprised of basal medium and a
SingleQuot™ Kit with necessary growth factors and supplements to
support proliferation of cells.
Donor characteristics such as age, sex,
and race are available for each lot. Upon request, additional donor
information can be provided. For diseased cells donor information
regarding medical history and medications is also available.
|MEGM™ BulletKit™ Growth Medium consisting of basal medium and supplements to support growth of mammary epithelial cells
For any questions please contact Scientific Support.
Choose Your Cell Type of Interest to Learn More: