LaraFeed™ is a naturally occurring hemicellulose extracted from the unused portion of the already harvested Eastern and Western Larch trees. This unique animal feed ingredient, a fermentable fiber, has been shown to promote beneficial bacteria (through the action of the polysaccharide arabinogalactan) while reducing pathogenic bacteria (through the action of the natural polyphenols) in the digestive tract of animals, especially important during commercial production.
LaraFeed™ has shown positive effects on feed efficiency and weight gain in animal trials conducted with swine (piglets), poultry (broiler chickens) and weaning calves (dairy).
- Promotion of beneficial bacteria while reducing the
pathogenic bacteria in the digestive tract of animals
- Improved feed efficiency and weight gain
- Reduction or elimination of the occurrence of scours
- Approved animal feed additive
- Enhancement of short chain fatty acids (SCFA)
- Healthier animal
- Lower feed costs per animal
- Potential earlier date to market
- Less reliance on routine antibiotics
- Easily incorporated into existing feed formulas