Lonza offers a broad spectrum of research and development services using state-of-the-art chemical and microbial technologies. To achieve robust and efficient process qualification for scale-up, we use modern tools such as automated workstations, statistical software, and reaction calorimetry.
We support cost competitive manufacturing on an industrial scale by placing focus on minimizing the number of unit operations of chemical processes and through specialized quality control and quality assurance departments.
Lonza focuses on customer technology, regulatory and development needs, to deliver:
- Feasibility studies which include: development of innovative processes and 2nd generation processes (asymmetric hydrogenation, alternative biotransformation routes)
- Small scale quantities (10–100 kg, 3–10 chemical steps; APIs)
- Process development production of launch quantities (100 kg – 5 tons), full regulatory support, validated processes (APIs, HAPIs)
- Support of direct technology transfers from clients to our industrial plants
The Lonza Chemical Manufacturing team as experience in many types of Advanced Chemical Synthesis tecniques. We are alway prepared to adopt and optimize your process or offer you many advanced techniques of our own. In either case, our team can provide you with successful development technologies for all of your chemical needs.
Our Advanced Chemical Synthesis Technologies Include:
|Hazardous and Highly Reactive Chemicals
HCN, ClCN, chlorosulfonyl isocyanate, SOCl2, Cl2 (gas/liquid), ketene, diketene, phosgene (cGMP), CO, acetylene, ethylene
||Grignard, organolithium, sodium in liquid NH3, organozinc reactions, Heck reactions |
||Catalytic hydrogenation (homogeneous and heterogeneous), metal hydrides (NaBH4, LiAIH4), raney nickel |
||With ozone (batch and continuous), peroxides, oxygen/air, nitric acid, ammoxidation |
|Reactions Under Special Conditions
- Low-temperature reactions (-90°C)
- High-temperature reactions (+250°C)
- High-pressure reactions (10–100 bar)
||Transition metal catalysts (hydrogenation, oxidation, Heck/Aldol), biocatalysts, racemate separation, use of chiral building blocks |